The UUC Ultimate Short Shifter is unique, completely different than anything else available. It utilizes T-304 stainless steel, T-6061 aircraft-grade aluminum, precision bearings, a self-adjusting and lubricating primary pivot bearing, and the finest-grade silicone vibration absorbing material.
Some of the main features are the following:
- Height adjustment via upper-section length change (this does not change linkage geometry like moving-ball designs).
- Flex and rotation-free lever construction with full-length vibration-absorbing bushing.
- Linkage geometry perfectly corrected, with self-adjusting primary pivot bearing that permanently retains lubrication and precision (some models).
- Zero-tolerance lower pivot bearings that never require lubrication and eliminate significant mechanism friction. These do not wear or ovalize like solid-metal or plastic designs with expanding tolerances.
- 100% stainless steel and aluminum construction, machined to exacting tolerances for a flex-free lever.
- Lower pivot point enhanced with standard stainless steel bearings.
- Primary pivot equipped with self-adjusting bearing mechanism that retains lubrication.
- Delrin carrier bushings that eliminate carrier movement.
- Precise calculations of linkage geometry and ergonomic placement (correct shifter position).
Installation Difficulty: 4/10 (instructions)
Customer Service: 9/10
For more information on UUC, this short shifter or their other products visit UUC's website.