What should my next project be?

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Project 4: 2008 BMW 135i

I bought the 135i through eBay from a Eurocharged, a performance shop in Chicago. I bought the car already 80% modded. The good is that I don't have to spend all the money and time on the modifications. The bad is that you are are not certain if the mods were done right. Unfortunately, you are almost certain the car was pushed pretty hard. The seller was a performance shop and I spoke to the seller so I felt pretty confident that the car was in order. I paid for the car having never test drove or seeing it in person. The car was shipped, delayed due to a bad East Coast winter storm, but I received it in January of 2010.

When I received the car it had the following parts: Performance Spearco Intercooler, Eurocharged Stage II Software, Riss Racing Down Pipes, CP-E Exhaust, AFE Dual Intake, Spearco Intercooler and Vogtland Coilovers.

Aesthetics wise I had the front bumper license plate holes filled. I used the tow hook to mount the front plate. I added LED interior lights and LED headlight halo bulbs. I had the interior wood trim painted matte black. I tinted the windows and added CSL style rims painted shadowline black. I also added shadow line black kidney grills. Finally I had the rood painted shadow line black.

Performance wise I added  a UUC short shifter (JHM doesn't make a short shifter for these cars), custom designed quad exhaust, STETT blow off valve.

Recently, I worked with SurgelineTuning to help test and develop their accessport software on my 135i. The guys at Surgeline are top notch and really know their tuning. They are able to safely and reliably extract power from your cars without compromising drivability.

The car made over 400 whp/wtq. The problem with this car for me was the RWD. With the amount of power and how light the car was it was pretty scary. I missed the confidence of AWD. So after a little less than 2 years of ownership I sold the 135i.

What to get next...

No comments:

Post a Comment